Discrimination & Enforcement

Do you feel you may have been discriminated against? See the information below about enforcement of the ADA and how to file a complaint.
Body text

Employment (Title I)

If you think you may have been discriminated against in employment because of disability, you can contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). A discrimination complaint generally must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination. You must file a complaint with the EEOC before filing a private lawsuit. Call the EEOC at 800-669-4000 to file a complaint.

Program Access/Physical Accessibility (Titles II or III)

If you feel you have been discriminated against because of disability by a state or local government agency or a public accommodation, you can either file a complaint with the Department of Justice (DOJ) or other appropriate federal agency, or you can file a lawsuit.

Contact the Rocky Mountain ADA Center for guidance on where to file a formal complaint.

The Rocky Mountain ADA Center is not an enforcement agency, nor does it provide advocacy services. The information and materials provided by the center are intended solely as informal guidance and are not a determination of your legal rights or responsibilities. All communication with the center is strictly confidential.

For possible additional resources, please see our resources page or contact the Rocky Mountain ADA Center through our Technical Assistance Form or call us directly at 800-949-4232.